Greeley, Pennsylvania is a town in Pike County, Pennsylvania, United States, around somewhere between Milford, Pennsylvania, and Hawley, Pennsylvania. Its populace is 1322. Lake Greeley Camp is named after this town, and is arranged on Lake Greeley.
Greeley is a provincial, vigorously lush segment of Pike County, with no focal town square. It is generally settled day camping areas and state game grounds. Camp Shohola, Pine Forest Camp, Lake Greeley Camp, Camp Timber Tops, and Lake Owego Camp are well known day camps for youngsters and teenagers all through the tri-state territory. Camp Lee Mar, a camp in Greeley for youngsters and youthful grown-ups with exceptional necessities, has been inactivity for more than 60 years. cbddy
The town is really under the managerial control of the district of close by Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania, which lies at the combination of the Delaware and Lackawaxen streams inside the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River. Productive western writer Zane Gray started his composing profession in Lackawaxen, relating accounts of his encounters along the Upper Delaware River.
2 The Sylvania Association
3 Greeley Today
5 External connections
Greeley is named for Horace Greeley (February 3, 1811 – November 29, 1872) originator of The New York Tribune, viewed as the US’s most persuasive paper from the 1840s to the 1870s. Horace Greeley served a three-month term as a US Congressman and was an establishing individual from the Liberal Republican Party. Horace Greeley was the Liberal Republican Party contender for the 1872 United States official political decision
The Sylvania Association
Sylvania Colony sign on Route 434
Horace Greeley had upheld a rustic community known as the Sylvania Association, at that point situated inside the municipality’s current boundaries. The community, for which Horace Greeley filled in as Treasurer, had endeavored to structure itself as per the extreme thoughts of Albert Brisbane, who momentarily examined Charles Fourier and Karl Marx.
The affiliation bought 3200 sections of land from Mahlon Godley Sr. in 1842. They consequently fabricated a little saw factory, two little two-story houses, and a little outbuilding. Just the establishment of the factory stays with a portion of the dividers surpassing twenty feet in tallness. The old factory divider actually remains close by a stream that actually courses through the municipality. It can even now be seen close to an authentic state marker along what is currently the intersection of Routes 434 and 590. The affiliation, in the long run, fizzled on the grounds that the individuals, not used to a wild, neglected to plant and collect adequate harvests in 1845.